|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in their specific area of study. Interns will work alongside world-class professionals in a fast-paced, professional setting which provides interns invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment.
This position will be located full time in the Philadelphia, PA office. The individual will work with an experienced Engineer and will be exposed to and support a variety of Roadway, Structure/Bridge, and Traffic/ITS Engineering challenges in his or her specific discipline. This individual will also be exposed to various software systems that include working with AutoCAD and/or Microstation. The candidate will perform routine tasks under close supervision using well-defined standards and procedures.
- Perform routine aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision.
- May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation.
- Assisting in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations.
- Providing support to engineering staff members as needed.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in at least their junior year within a Civil/Structural Engineering curriculum is required.
- At least a 3.0 GPA is required
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel is required
- Previous design intern experience in infrastructure is preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, InRoads Microstation is preferred
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.