|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 74,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
Within our UK Transport Planning Business, we have an opportunity for a part-time Senior Transport Planner to complement our current team in London. You will be involved in the technical delivery of a range of transport planning projects including strategy, appraisal, modelling and business case projects, with opportunities to work for various high-profile clients across the UK.
This role will provide every opportunity for you to make your mark and influence the continuing sustainable growth of Jacobs in the UK.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Working with a team of transport planners, modellers and engineers focused on a variety of scheme development and appraisal projects
- Leading the delivery of commissions as Project Manager and building excellent working relationships with a range of clients
- Supervising and guiding junior members of the team to ensure successful project execution and commercial performance.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline, you will have experience as a Transport Planner / Engineer for multi-modal transport and scheme development studies with the ability to contribute to the success of a range of high profile transport projects
- Project Management experience demonstrating responsibility for task, financial and risk controls
- Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis and reports using data from transport models and scheme appraisal techniques
- Experience of successfully line managing, mentoring and developing junior colleagues
- Chartered Engineer or other relevant professional membership / accreditation e.g. CIHT, TPP, CEng
- Experience of the development and use of strategic and micro-simulation modelling software
- MSc in a relevant Transport discipline
- A recognised project management qualification e.g. Prince 2
At Jacobs we have recently celebrated 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘BeyondZero’. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives. When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.