|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Years of Experience||5|
Jacobs in South East Asia is experiencing continued growth, delivering industry-leading power, buildings, infrastructure, and environmental projects in the region. As a result of a strong demand and a mandate for growth, we are looking for experienced professionals to join us.
The Resident Engineer will use his/her expertise to evaluate construction projects and determine the best engineering method or practice to accomplish the job. You will establish what tools and technologies are appropriate for the job as well as a timeframe for the work to be completed. The Resident Engineer must make sure the projects adhere to all Company’s standards and guidelines. If special permits or records need to be obtained, the Resident Engineer will do so and ensure the paperwork is recorded and stored properly. Occasionally, you will be exposed to heavy traffic or adverse weather conditions. There are constant interruptions to work routine which is part of the norm, therefore you must be able to think clearly and rationally and act quickly under these circumstances.
About the Opportunity
- Lead and supervise the construction inspection team and plan, prepare, and analyze document and manage construction contracts.
- Supervise the preparation of inspector daily reports for inclusion on contractor progress payment estimate
- Direct and assist staff in reviewing and analyzing contractor project schedules and other required submittals to ensure they meet contract requirements and restrictions
- Meet with contractors regularly to plan and coordinate work, resolve issues of work areas, scheduling concerns and sequence operations and other contract labour compliance and administrative manners
- Assign, schedule, direct, supervise, review and accept the work on behalf of client.
- Monitor contractors work for compliance to schedule, budget, technical specifications, and legal requirements.
- Conduct progress meetings and prepare reports on project status
- Communicate and implement safety rules, policies, and procedures to contractors and subordinate personnel
- Recognize and act promptly on potential changes or additional work to the contract conflicts or ambiguities in the plans and specifications and changes in field conditions.
- Negotiate, analyze, resolve settle, deny, and/or make recommendations regarding contractor conflicts and claims considering contract plans specifications and estimates, conditions, costs and time.
- Conduct field visits to examine construction site conditions and issues
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Professional Degree, Engineering (Civil) or equivalent.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license would be an advantage
- Preferably a Civil Engineer with 10 years working experience with 5 years of site based experience
- Ability to understand blueprints and technical diagrams
- Experience with diagnostic and quality measuring tools
- Ability to work in industrial setting which includes walking, climbing, bending, and wearing appropriate safety gear.
Sometimes this role may demand call-outs in the case of emergencies. Resident Engineer also has to perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.