|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs employ the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs, within the Nuclear and Defence division, we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we offer capable and committed individuals the opportunity to shape their careers how they wish.
The Civil Engineer ensures the production and monitoring of the civil engineering of the buildings on the nuclear island to which they are assigned and proposes technical solutions. They will directly receive work assignments from and report to the Group Leader.
- Receive, analyse and verify the consistency of the input data.
- Produces the deliverables for which they are responsible (assumption notes, technical specifications, calculation notes).
- Coordinate the work of CAD Designer in conjunction with the Design Office Manager.
- Perform design activities for fastenings in concrete.
- Perform technical verifications of civil engineering documents for their building.
- Create and maintain and responsible for the Design Risk Register
Progress monitoring and change management
- Prepare and chair progress meetings within their scope of activity (internal or external).
- Manage and monitor the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
- Anticipate and raise alerts on open technical points
Support in the monitoring of the main civil engineering and equipment contracts
- Make the necessary clarifications to the documents within Edvance’s scope.
- Contribute to surveillance of civil execution drawings
- Contribute to surveillance of the anchorages designed by the equipment suppliers
- Provide support in dealing with the non-conformity and adaptation reports issued by the contractor and relays the modifications to the design office
The Civil Engineer works closely with the Group Leader, Layout Coordinator and Layout Engineers. They will develop civil design solutions, describe them in CAD-tasks and coordinate the correct implementation into the PDMS-3D Model by the CAD Designer.
They will also maintain the interface with other Civil Work Teams inside the Responsible Designer Organisation as well as the interface with the Civil Works Detail Designer and equipment suppliers.
- Civil Engineer Degree
- Design office experience
- Knowledge/understanding of the Eurocodes related to civil engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Health and Safety regulations
- Experience in the nuclear sector
- Experience in plant layout engineering
- Knowledge and technical skills:
- Knowledge/understanding of the Eurocodes related to civil engineering and especially knowledge of the design of fastenings in concrete.
- Knowledge of the design of reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete structures.
- Knowledge of the design of steelwork structures
- Knows how to deal with the design and layout constraints
Essential software and tools: Microsoft Word/Excel etc and basic knowledge of the software packages
Desirable software and tools: PDMS user knowledge
Language(s): Fluent in English, French desirable
The postholder should have the ability to meet commitments and deadlines and be able to manage their own time and workload. They should possess good team coordination skills and have a good knowledge of project management. Organisational skills, leadership, good interpersonal skills and responsiveness are also important for the role.
We have recently celebrated 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘BeyondZero’. At Jacobs, we see safety differently. It's more than a policy manual or a list of do's and don'ts. We strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees first in everything we do.
Join Jacobs and be a part of a wide range of Global Networks:
Futures: A global platform designed for early career professionals to network and socialise with peers - as well as ongoing support for professional qualifications.
Next: Empowering you to explore what’s Next for you in your career at Jacobs.
Womens: A flexible vehicle to provide women and men with the opportunity to build multi-national connections, develop leadership and technical skills and enhance their careers at Jacobs.
Colours: Celebrating and promoting diversity and inclusion of our LGBT+ community globally.
Jacobs are proud to be STEM Ambassadors and to promote opportunities within schools, Universities and beyond. We also promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and are committed to equality across our business.
People are the heart of our business – we want you to join our innovative, industry leading organisation. Imagine the possibilities…
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.