|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Information Technology - Software Engineer/Developer|
|Residence Location||United States|
Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology arm of Jacobs Engineering (NYSE:JEC), one of the largest engineering and technical service companies in the United States. Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years and held the predecessor Engineering and Science Contract (ESC) since 2005. We look forward to continuing that work as the prime contractor for the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract along with our eleven teammate companies to provide engineering, scientific and technical contract services at NASA's Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). JETS provides products and technical services related to human operations in space through development and integration of a broad spectrum of engineering requirements. This includes human spacecraft flight and flight development products, human exploration mission planning for NASA, institution support services, and new technology development. At Jacobs, we believe that people are our greatest asset, and that is why we offer a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths.
Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Software Developer.
The Software Developer will:
- Perform simulation installation, set up and maintenance.
- Perform simulation load tool installation and maintenance (haf, shoploader, flyzer, etc).
- Deploy flight software and workspaces to Jenkins by creation of PARTE workspaces.
- Install tooling into workspaces.
- Keep the simulation lab up to date with each simulator release and patch as they are delivered by the simulation developer (releases every three months with one or two patches in between).
- Execute, maintain, and update a spacecraft simulator to be used for software integration testing for the Orion MPCV spacecraft.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Typically has a BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Strong proficiency and experience within the last year with Linux OS, C++, and scripting languages such as Python and Bash.
- Knowledgeable in source control systems such as Perforce, SubVersion and Git.
- Ability to maintain a wiki platform such as Mideawiki.
- Ability to successfully operate in a highly dynamic engineering environment with a large team of engineers working to rapidly develop robotic functionality on a compressed schedule.
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service attitude.
- Experience with:
- Simulator operations
- Python scripting
- Bash scripting
- Experience with:
- Simulator loading tools (haf, shoploader, flyzer, etc)
- MPCV SOCRRATES simulator and OrionSim
- System administration
Why Work for JETS?
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Much, much more!
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now! (www.wehavespaceforyou.com).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.