|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||CAD Designer|
|Residence Location||United States|
This is an entry level engineering position working under the Piping Engineering Section Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform routine aspects of piping engineering under close supervision, requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles.
• Prepare line list, wall thickness and other calculations as required to support various piping engineering activities.
• Develop piping specifications in accordance with industry codes and client specifications.
• Liaison with all associated disciplines to complete and issue various documents.
• Prepare technical requisitions and technical bid evaluations for piping, fittings, valves, bolting materials, etc.
• Examine and validate vendor drawings and calculations for quality and compliance.
• Ensure adherence to industry codes and standards as well as department work instructions and technical guidelines.
• Occasional travel to field / project sites may be required.
• BS or MS in an engineering discipline required, Mechanical engineering is preferred
• 0-2 years of experience required
• EIT certificate preferred
• Experience with SmartPlant Reference Database (SPRD) is preferred
• Basic Microsoft office skills are required (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Basic CAD (AutoCAD/Microstation) skills preferred
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, and can multi-task
• Organized, methodical and detail-oriented
• Customer focused, good communicator and a good team-worker, with a strong work ethic
• Has strong safety awareness
• Is pro-active and willing to take initiative
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.