|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Residence Location||United States|
Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Jacobs has an exciting opportunity for Civil, Structural, or Architectural Intern (Summer 2018) located in our Kalamazoo, MI office.
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in their specific area of study. Interns will work alongside world-class professionals in a fast-paced, professional setting which provides interns invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment.
In this role, the Intern will assist other engineers by performing standard aspects of architectural and/or structural engineering assignments, subsequently gaining familiarity with the technical software, programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company and department.
- The Intern will work on a variety of projects and/or tasks pertaining to industrial clients ranging from plant modifications to new facilities.
- All work will be performed under the general supervision of a Lead Engineer and the Department Manager.
- The Intern will work alongside experienced engineers and designers to perform a variety of support tasks. These tasks can consist of creating computer models for structures, preparation of miscellaneous calculations, assisting with estimates by preparing material take-offs, reviewing shop drawings, preparing plans or details using CAD software, etc.
- The Intern will prepare all tasks and cost estimates under the supervision of experienced engineers and the Department Manager.
- The Intern may research code issues as they pertain to Project or Department related issues.
- The Intern will liaise with other internal professionals and departments to gather information for their tasks.
- The Intern will perform other duties as required.
Currently enrolled in and consistently working toward completion of a BS in Architecture, Structural, or Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a minimum overall GPA of 2.75.
- Completion of their sophomore level of credits from an above mentioned program is required.
- Completion of their junior level of credits from an above mentioned program is preferred.
- Working knowledge in the use of MS Word, Excel and Mail
- Working knowledge of CAD software such as AutoCAD or Microstation
- Good listening, writing and communication skills
- Basic knowledge and application of design standards and codes
- Basic knowledge and application of the International Building Code
- No relocation or temporary living assistance being offered
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.