|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||CAD Designer|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Years of Experience||10|
|Residence Location||United States|
Our Philadelphia, PA office is seeking Plumbing Designers to work within an integrated building design team. Designers work within our interdisciplinary team and provide design of plumbing and process piping systems in our core market sectors which include mission critical facilities, science and technology buildings, and corporate offices. This position will play a role in the entire design process including but not limited to preliminary assessments, concept creation, design, problem resolution, drawing and specification production, and customer and vendor accessibility. Individual will interface closely and support the efforts of the design team and confer with clients, other engineering and design disciplines, and project managers to clarify or resolve problems and develop solutions.
• Perform all aspects of plumbing and process piping design including calculations, equipment selection and specification, piping layouts, and riser diagrams.
• Develop construction documents and specifications.
• Performs construction administration and field investigation tasks including conducting field observations and subsequent detailed reports, processing RFI's and submittals, and review of sub-contractor bids and change orders.
• Prepare and document energy compliance calculations and forms as they relate to plumbing systems.
• Coordinate work with engineers/designers of other disciplines.
- 10 plus years' experience working in a corporate engineering environment required
- ASPE CPD a plus
- Must be proficient building design and drafting software including Revit, AutoCAD, and MicroStation
- Previous experience in Science and Technology projects preferred
- Must have working knowledge of various state and local codes including NFPA, Philadelphia Plumbing Code, International Plumbing Code, National Standard Plumbing Code
- Knowledge of LEED compliance as it relates to plumbing systems preferred
- Must possess excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to execute work with minimal supervision.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.