|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Years of Experience||5|
The Field Engineer is responsible for controlling the work of the Contractors in the field and engineering/surveying
including initial layout, grading coordinates, grading layout, roads, and all types of excavation.
The Field Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all construction work is delivered in a timely and cost effective
manner to meet the planned schedule and budget and that all work is completed in accordance with the project specifications, drawings and other relevant documentation.
- Monitor and guide contractors to ensure their compliance with the HSE Plan.
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment and manage the Safety and Environmental performance of all personnel on site. Achievement of the Project Safety and Environmental Targets.
- Ensure that safety is an integral component of all construction planning and processes.
- Be familiar with construction work and permit procedures and statutory requirements.
- Provide visible HSE leadership.
- Plan work activities and identify hazards and controls in consultation with employees.
- Conduct and record site inspections and risk assessments (including Hazard ID, risk analysis and control).
- Participate in the resolution of HSE issues.
- Communicate and report on HSE issues/incidents (e.g. toolbox meetings).
- Assure accountability of employees and sub-contractors.
- Ensure that all work is completed in accordance with the Project Quality Plan.
- Liaise with the field planner to ensure that the execution plan for each contract is logical, achievable and adequately manned.
- Establish suitable benchmarks for measuring physical progress.
- Ensure reported progress is accurate and in the required format.
- Liaise with the Materials/Logistics Controller to ensure that all free issue materials and equipment deliveries are consistent with the project schedule.
- Review incoming engineering drawings and assess impact of extra work or changes on schedule
- Maintain a daily diary, which shall record accomplishments, problems, manpower and equipment usage.
- Identify and resolve as necessary interface issues between contractors.
- Monitor and record the number of contractor employees on site.
- Plan and co-ordinate resources and equipment for the field tasks to conduct the work in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Provide regular feedback to the Construction Manager/Construction Superintendent on progress, achievements, safety and quality related issues.
- Ensure that the standard of workmanship and the materials/equipment is compliant with the specifications and that specified inspections and tests are conducted and records maintained to substantiate conformance.
- Ensure correct material, machinery, equipment and personnel are available and suitable for completion of work.
- Assess risks and hazards involved in tasks and methods to manage the hazards in order to prevent incidents, injury and damage.
- Monitor employee health and fitness and address any inconsistencies with the Site Safety Advisor
- Reads and interprets drawings, blueprints, specifications, and documents
- Establishes centerline and elevations of all areas of construction
- Performs moderate to complex mathematical problems
- Checks installations to ensure that foundations are in accordance with plans and specifications
- Coordinates field engineering activity with construction supervisor
- Supervises layout parties, assigns work, and monitors for performance and accuracy
- Performs as-builts as required, and pre-pour checkouts or concrete placements
- Assures that all work is done in accordance with project procedural requirements and accepted survey techniques
- BS or MS, or Trade qualifications as a minimum.
- 5 to 10 years experience in an engineering discipline
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Background in the construction industry.
- Understanding of the construction industry and relevant regulations