|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Years of Experience||15|
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and construction services, including all aspects of architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting. We serve a broad range of companies and organizations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies. Our global network includes more than 200 offices in more than 25 countries, with operations in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, India, Australia, Africa, and Asia.
Jacobs in South East Asia is experiencing continued growth, delivering industry-leading power, buildings, infrastructure, and environmental projects in the region. As a result of a strong demand and a mandate for growth, we have an opening for a Principle Engineer, Bridges, to join the Engineering Structures team in our Kuala Lumpur office.
About the Opportunity
- Identify creative and innovative bridge engineering solutions based on client, project and site constraints.
- Manage and lead design teams in all aspects of bridge design, from conceptual and preliminary design to detailed design and construction.
- Provide technical guidance, oversight, and perform quality reviews
- Prepare proposals and establish budget estimates for potential design assignments.
- Liaise/co-ordinate with other disciplines/departments in preparation of proposals, reports and design packages for multi-disciplinary projects.
- Communicate with clients, sub consultants, approving agencies, etc. for purposes of obtaining design information, presenting design alternatives, and expediting approvals.
- Project progress reporting and contract documentation and administration
- Undertake construction inspection and supervision
- Coach and supervise Junior Engineers
- Some travelling will be required such as site visits and attending client meetings.
- A Bachelor Degree / Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- A Professional Engineer registered with the BEM or equivalent
- Minimum experience 15 years with bridge design experience and with in depth knowledge of British Standards / Eurocodes
- Must have design experience and successful project/design management experience. Complex bridge design experience would be an added advantage
- Strong understanding of contractual aspects of design service
- Strong skills in estimating, scheduling and planning complex design assignments
- Ability to supervise junior engineers and drafters
- Experience working in a multi-discipline environment
- Good understanding of HSE regulations and Safety in Design requirements
- Candidate must have work rights status to be employed locally.
We thank you for your interest. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.