|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Residence Location||United States|
Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility’s entire life cycle.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice therefore we have a need for an entry level designer/drafter to assist on several of our structural engineering projects.
- Performs design/drafting assignments, requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices and techniques.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with other CAD Technicians and Engineers with minimal supervision.
- Actively promotes and contributes to the successful completion of projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation.
- Assumes responsibility and meets or exceeds deliverable deadlines for own portion of the project scope, schedule and budget.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Performs other duties as required.
- An Associates degree in Design or Drafter is preferred
- Previous experience in the use of AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, or Geopak preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.) is required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Exhibits planning and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure on multiple project deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to see a project through to completion
- Excellent attention to detailing of complex bridge components
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.