|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
|Residence Location||United States|
Date: Jan 31, 2018
Location: , Job Locations
Location US-Atlanta, GA
Posted Date 3 days ago(1/31/2018 2:09 PM)
Job ID: 2018-13545
Area of Interest: EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 2
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Experience (Years): 3
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 7000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Our Atlanta office has an immediate opening for a professional, trained in the field of Geotechnical Engineering, seeking a challenging career with a growth-oriented company committed to providing quality services to clients. The successful candidate will work as part of a team on civil, geotechnical and geological engineering projects. Your primary responsibilities and goals will include:
* Integrating into the Atlanta office, Southeast region, and overall geotechnical practice at Golder Associates through active participation in: Atlanta office and geotechnical group activities, client service sector calls and initiatives, national/international technical communities, and other internal and external collaboration venues.
* Supporting the growth of the Atlanta office, focusing on providing innovative, cost effective and technically sound consulting, design, project management, and construction support to existing clients, owners, construction contractors, and teaming partners.
* Maintaining Golder’s commitment to project technical excellence, client service, health and safety, and sustainability at the forefront of all work activities.
* Leveraging your past experiences and knowledge to become a respected technical and business team member within Golder in your areas of practice.
* Assignments may include travel within the southeast, US, and internationally.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Candidates should as have an M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Civil/Geotechnical/Geological Engineering or Engineering Geology.
* A minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in the civil, geotechnical engineering field is required.
* Additional desirable skills include laboratory testing, experience with slope stability, settlement, general civil design experience, construction experience, shoring design and earthquake engineering.
* PE (or ability to obtain quickly through reciprocity) in Georgia.
* The candidate shall have excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with a positive attitude and ability to work both independently and within groups.
* Candidates must be willing and able to travel to projects within the Southeast, with potential for opportunities across the US and internationally.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Opportunities to work on complex and technically challenging projects locally and around the world
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages