|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
|Residence Location||United States|
Date: Feb 1, 2018
Location: , Job Locations
Staff Environmental Engineer
Location US-MO-St. Louis
Posted Date 2 days ago(2/1/2018 9:32 AM)
Job ID: 2018-13546
Area of Interest: EN - Engineering Geology and Geology
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Experience (Years): 0
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WGEOTECH
Founded in Canada in 1960, Golder Associates (Golder) is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 9,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross- disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
The Golder U.S. team is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of more than 50 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first US office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation.
Golder is currently seeking an Entry Level Geological Engineer/Environmental Engineer or equivalent for the St. Louis (St. Charles), Missouri office.
The successful candidate will have a strong academic background in geological engineering or environmental engineering and will be employed on projects including one or more of the following areas:
* Subsurface investigation including drilling, geologic/geotechnical logging and environmental media sampling.
* Vapor intrusion evaluations, including modeling.
* Phase 1 and Phase 2 contaminated site investigations.
* Environmental, health and safety compliance.
* Hydrogeology, landfill design, and remediation.
* Data interpretation and evaluation.
* Preparation of geologic and geotechnical boring logs, geologic cross-sections, groundwater contour maps, and isoconcentration maps.
Performing engineering calculations, cost estimates, data validation, and report preparation.
[FA1]Do we need to indicate timing? May 2018?
* Bachelors or Masters Degree (preferred) in geological engineering or environmental engineering;
* 0-2 years experience in consulting practice;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required;
* Software capabilities such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, GIS, and gINT desirable;
* Experience with environmental sampling, specifically including soil vapor sampling preferred;
* Ability to work independently as well as within a project team;
* Successful candidate will be self-motivated and have a positive attitude;
* Ability to plan and execute field programs with knowledge of proper sampling techniques;
* A willingness to travel locally, nationally and internationally, with possible frequent shorter term travel and some longer term travel;
* Collecting field data and overseeing subcontractors, which requires the ability to lift and carry heavy equipment (at least up to 50 pounds) and may extended assignments away from the home office location;
* Completed 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER health and safety training (preferred), with 8-hour refresher updates as applicable;
* Must have a valid driver's license; and
* Must pass a physical examination and background check as a condition of employment.