Posted Date 2 days ago(2/1/2018 12:43 PM)
Job ID: 2018-13547
Area of Interest: EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
Job Type: Intern
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): High School Diploma
Experience (Years): 0
SLP: J2WCIVILCONST, J2WGEOTECH
Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and the related areas of energy. From 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees work with clients to manage their environmental and engineering activities in a technically sound, economically viable, and socially responsible manner.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking an Engineering Intern to work for the summer months, as part of a team on civil and geotechnical engineering projects for our Roseville, California office. Golder's global network of offices allows for many opportunities to work on complex and technically challenging projects locally and around the world.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Conduct field investigations,
* Provide field monitoring and testing for construction projects,
* Perform engineering calculations, and aid in the preparation of reports.
* Candidates should have or be pursuing a BS in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering and have a positive attitude and strong desire to learn;
* The willingness and ability to travel within California for some field assignments;
* Proficiency in MS Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
* Possess a strong work ethic working on challenging projects;
* Candidates possessing a working knowledge of geotechnical engineering software and AutoCAD preferred
Desirable skills include:
Geotechnical laboratory testing experience, field logging and sampling, and experience with geotechnical engineering analyses. While not required, training or experience in the following areas is considered a plus: AutoCAD, database management and geographic information systems (GIS). A willingness to perform a wide variety of assignments on short notice is valuable and candidates should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.