|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Thomas & Hutton|
|Company Industry||Infrastructure Surveying Transportation Water Management Consulting Design|
|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Years of Experience||10|
|Residence Location||United States|
Thomas & Hutton has an opening for a Transportation Project Manager to provide services for a range of engineering and design projects involving roadway and bridge design for public sector clients. Previous experience managing bridge or roadway Design projects required. Working knowledge of Microstation and GDOT or SCDOT roadway design software, and highway design standards is strongly preferred.
This position will also require the ability to regularly collaborate with both clients and employees at all levels; therefore, strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Design budgets, schedules, plans and specifications
- Actively manage project communications and documentation
- Supervise, motivate and develop staff
- Coordinates and reviews assigned projects for completeness and accuracy
- Promotes quality control practices through all phases of design and plan production
- Perform the required backup calculations
- Collaborate with the client and other team members in various office locations
- Oversee design and analysis of roadway elements
- Other duties as necessary and/or assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. Must be a registered Professional Engineer.
Experience: 10+ years experience in the design of transportation projects.
- Strong technical background in transportation engineering
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation and at least one of the following: CAiCE, InRoads or Geopak.
- Proficiency in design development process implemented by GDOT or SCDOT
- Knowledge of Highway Codes
- Prior design work for GDOT or SCDOT preferred
- Ability to work a regular schedule of 730AM-530PM - Monday-Thursday and 730AM - 1130AM on Friday. Evening and weekend work may be required.
Please note, sponsorship is not available for this position. Thomas & Hutton is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant
Thomas & Hutton’s Mission Statement, “Relationships and Solutions for Success” describes not only our unwavering commitment to clients, but also our commitment to the success, both professionally and personally, of our employees. Thomas & Hutton was named to the 2016 Best Places to Work in South Carolina and Georgia by SCBIZ and Georgia Trend, and named One of the best Civil Engineering firms to work for in 2015 by CE News/Zweig White. What makes Thomas & Hutton a great place to work? Opportunities for professional development, strong benefits and compensation packages, a commitment to make our communities better for future generations, a family-oriented culture, and our reputation as a firm with extremely knowledgeable professionals who serve as trusted advisors to our clients. Visit www.thomasandhutton.com to learn more.
Some of our many benefits include:
Health, Wellness, and Work/Life Benefits
- Superior Health, Dental, and Rx Insurance Programs
- Vision coverage
- Company paid short term and long term disability Insurance
- On-Site health clinics operated by a Health Practitioner
- Condensed work schedule
Financial & Retirement Benefits
- Generous base compensation and bonus plan
- 401(K) plan - employee matching of $.50 for each dollar contributed up to 6%
- 401(K) Roth and profit sharing component
Paid time off, Holidays and other leave
- Generous annual leave policy for personal, vacation, sick and bereavement purposes. Eligibility begins upon hire
- 8 company paid holidays annually
Professional Development Benefits
- Thomas & Hutton University - On-site provider of professional development hours and continuing education credits
- College tuition reimbursement programs (Graduate & Undergraduate)
- In-house Up and Ready Civil 3D Software Training Program