|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Residence Location||United States|
Construction Materials Intern
Terracon has an exciting new intern program to support our Materials service line. In this official program, you will take part in an exciting, fun and meaningful work experience as you work along-side some of the brightest engineering minds and state of the art technology in the materials engineering industry. You will not only learn and advance technically, but will also be provided with opportunities for professional development. You will be assigned a leader/mentor in the materials engineering field. The mentor will provide help you with career planning along with technical skill development. You will learn how our line of business interacts with the client and how we differ from design engineers. You will learn what consulting engineering is all about!
First year interns will primarily work in the laboratory and will also have opportunities to experience field testing and inspection activities as well as other office activities. Laboratory experiences will include learning, understanding, and performing services related to:
- Laboratory safety and safe work practices
- All aspects of our laboratory testing capabilities and the purpose of each test
- Understanding test procedures (ASTM, DOT, COE, etc.)
- Data review
- Report preparation
- Communication of test results (internal and external)
- Laboratory organization, scheduling, and efficiency
- Quality management system and procedures
- Laboratory Accreditation
Second year interns (ones with prior experience) will continue to build on the skills listed above, but will also learn more advanced testing procedures and learn more about project management.
You can expect to:
• Perform sampling or testing as directed.
• Provide assistance to other field and/or laboratory personnel
• Transport equipment, specimens or documents to field personnel, laboratory, clients or other offices, and provides physical assistance in equipment set-up.
• Assists technicians or professional staff on routine tasks
• Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
High school diploma and currently enrolled in ABET accredited engineering program, focusing in civil, architectural, construction or similar program. The ideal candidate will have more than one year remaining to complete their BS degree.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
City, State (Office Location)