|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
|Residence Location||United States|
Senior Staff Engineer
Terracon currently has a position open in our Savannah, GA office for a dynamic Senior Geotechnical Staff Engineer. We’ll provide ample opportunity for you to continue your development as an engineer and contribute your skills to a thriving office. You’re role will include providing engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors. You’ll enjoy the diversity of projects while continuing to build upon your experience.
The coastal town of Savannah with its rich history and world-class southern charm will for sure inspire you every corner you turn. Our Terracon family in Savannah are often seen taking advantage of the coastal cuisine and the many events and activities that she has to offer. It’s a magical place to call home.
What You Can Expect to Do:
As a Senior Geotechnical Staff Engineer, you can expect to do the following:
- Perform and lead /coordinate field investigations, lab testing, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations
- Design and develop plans, schedules and specifications, observation and inspection, and write, prepare, and review related reports for the services we provide. Coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work
- Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimate
- Track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes
- Research and resolve design and construction problems
- Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management
- Manage and execute small to medium projects and sometimes more complex projects while maintaining quality standards
- Develop the scope of work for routine projects
- Work closely with senior-level project manager to gain project management and engineering experience
- Serve as a technical adviser to junior-level project team members
- Supervise field staff including graduate/field engineers, engineering technicians, exploration teams, laboratory staff and other support personnel
- Interact with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.
- Work under the supervision of an Authorized Project Reviewer
What We Need You to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) required and ability to obtain a registration as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- Master’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering preferred
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Regular, Full Time
City, State (Office Location)