|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Construction - Field Technician|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Residence Location||United States|
Solid Waste Engineering and Construction Technician (CQA Tech)
Perform tests and sampling of environmental materials including air, groundwater, building materials, and noise. Operates field monitoring equipment. Assists with operation and maintenance of remediation systems. May assist with asbestos surveys, abatement projects and Phase I preliminary site assessments. Transport material samples or documents to the lab for further testing and analysis. Tabulate and prepare data for written reports. Cleans and maintains field monitoring equipment. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic tests as directed using well-defined procedures
- Assists in basic survey/ measurement data
- Assists in operating and maintaining remediation systems
- Assists in construction of groundwater monitoring wells
- Assists higher level technicians on complex tasks.
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 0-2 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Other national, regional, state, and local environmental related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Regular, Full Time
City, State (Office Location)