|Job Location||United States|
|Company Industry||Construction/Architecture Consulting|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Residence Location||United States|
Bridge Inspection Team Leader
# of Openings
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
We are currently seeking a Bridge Inspection Team Leader for our Transportation-Construction Management Practice.
Our construction management experts provide a full range of program management and specialized testing and inspection services from the preconstruction phase through maintenance and operations. If you want to work on some of the nation’s most complex transportation projects, join our team of construction professionals.
The Bridge Inspection Team Leader opportunity requires extensive knowledge of structural inspection, testing, and analysis, non-destructive testing techniques, structural engineering principles, project development, project management, methods and techniques of highway construction and contract administration. This position requires skill in directing, organizing, and coordinating multiple task orders, inspection teams and sub-consultants on various types of projects including Routing Bridge Safety Inspections, structure and bridge Loading Ratings, construction engineering and inspection of bridge projects.
- Ability to meet client prequalification requirements as a Team Leader
- Knowledge of bridge maintenance and repair procedures, inspection methods, and common bridge types and components
- Successful completion of FHWA-NHI-130055 Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges
- Valid North Carolina driver's license
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering/Engineering Technology
- 5 years of verifiable NBIS in-service bridge inspection experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer or able to obtain NC PE License
- Familiar with AASHTO Manual for Bridge Element Inspection
- Experience performing load ratings on Routine NCDOT Bridge Inspection assignments/task work orders
- Experience with WIGINS
- Ability to read and interpret roadway, bridge and structure plans and specifications
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office products and CAD
- Willingness to travel overnight for bridge inspection assignments
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) experience