|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Years of Experience||10|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This is an engineering position for an experienced Project/Design Manager who will be responsible for the technical design and management of roadway design projects in South Florida. This is a great opportunity to produce/manage technical designs and assist in growing our engineering transportation team in our Deerfield Beach, Florida office. The successful candidate will be expected to help grow the Deerfield Beach Office’s roadway design practice working and increase sales by:
• Serving as Project Manager for key roadway design projects.
• Develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
• Provide technical expertise by formulating and developing advance design concepts, techniques and standards.
• Assuring effective utilization of engineering personnel and technical quality.
• General business development and marketing focus, while ensuring client care and feedback to maintain high quality performance.
• Staff resource planning.
• 10-15 years of experience in transportation/highway engineering and management of design projects is required.
• Civil Engineering Degree from an accredited university is required.
• Florida Professional Engineer (PE) is required.
• Must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and possess written and oral communication skills is required.
• FDOT Design and Design Build experience is preferred.
• Position requires a candidate that has an accomplished track record in Transportation/Roadway design with FDOT Districts 4 & 6.
• Demonstrate proficiency in Microstation and Geopak, 3D corridor modeling.
• Experience as a seller/doer for transportation in the South Florida market is required.
Only local (Florida) residents will be considered.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.