|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Years of Experience||15|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
- The Construction Manager reports directly to the Jacobs Construction Project Manager.
- The successful candidate may be required to perform duties of the Jacobs Contract / Project Manager to manage the contract with the Client. Responsibilities will include oversight and successful delivery of high profile transportation projects with regard to cost, schedule, safety, quality, and client satisfaction metrics.
- The successful candidate will provide supervision to Resident Engineers, Structure Representatives and CM team and may perform as Resident Engineer or Structure Representative on larger projects. This position requires proactive leadership and a team player who will work efficiently and communicate effectively with owners, funding contractors, and third party stakeholders.
- The construction manager may also serve as Resident Engineer or Structure Representative or Roadway lead or Structures lead on large size transit or transportation construction projects ensuring safety, quality, budget, and schedule requirements are achieved.
Project Specific Responsibilities:
- Manages dispute resolution (including preparation of position papers)
- Perform complex schedule and claim analysis
- Lead or Assist RE’s with the contract change order process, claim process, cost, document and quality control efforts
- Interface with Project Controls to manage contract changes affecting budget and schedule.
- Coordinate with Stakeholders across multiple contracts.
- Perform bidability / constructability reviews of PS&E
- Assist in finding cost-effective solutions to construction issues
- Conduct weekly staff meetings
- Implement and manage QA procedures
- Implement and manage document control procedures
- Generate Safety Observation Reports and Safe Plans of Action
- Review contractor submittals such as traffic control plans, falsework and shoring plans, shoring plans; demo plans and quality control plans.
- Identify potential change orders, negotiate and generate contract change orders
- Track project costs and potential claims
- Generate daily and weekly diaries, monthly reports
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction from an accredited university is required
- A minimum of 15 years of construction experience as Resident Engineer or Structure Representative is required
- Professional Civil Engineer license in California is required
- Proficiency with Caltrans Standards and manuals is highly desirable
- Proficiency with transit agency standards is highly desirable
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.