|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Years of Experience||8|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our established team in our Boston office which is focused on traffic engineering is seeking an additional team member to join the group. Responsibilities include:
• Great opportunity for a Traffic Engineer in our growing Boston office
• Key clients include federal, MassDOT, Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport), MBTA and local municipalities
• Diverse project portfolio ranging from corridor studies, traffic simulation, MPT/MOT, transportation impact analysis, pedestrian and transit studies, traffic work associated with roadway and bridge projects
• In addition to technical tasks, the position will entail report writing and the opportunity for presentation of work efforts
• Opportunity to manage traffic engineering tasks and mentor junior staff
• The position offers excellent room for advancement, growth, and independent work
• BS in Civil Engineering or related Engineering discipline is required
• At least 8 years experience in the field of traffic/transportation engineering is required
• Strong written/oral communication skills
• Experience supervising work of junior staff is required
• Familiarity with local clients including MassDOT, Massport and MBTA is required
• Proficient in software packages such as Synchro, HCS, Microsoft Office Suite etc is required
• PE is preferred
• Familiarity with transportation simulation and planning level modeling packages including SimTraffic and Vissim, is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.