|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
|Years of Experience||15|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
- Perform geotechnical engineering design and analysis of foundation systems and retaining structures for transportation infrastructure projects, public and private clients, utility and other heavy civil projects primarily within the New England region and also supporting other regions across the country.
- Specifically, develop and manage subsurface investigation and laboratory testing programs, design and analysis of shallow and deep foundations including piles and drilled shafts, retaining walls, support of excavation systems, preparation of geotechnical engineering and foundation recommendation reports, and preparation of geotechnical plans, details and specifications.
- Act as geotechnical discipline lead on projects and manage staffing, resources and budgets to keep projects on schedule and under budget.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in MA required.
- At least 15 years experience including geotechnical evaluations, soil and rock classification, design and analysis of deep and shallow foundations, slope stability analyses, liquefaction analyses, ground improvements and ground retention systems.
- Experience developing contract documents, plans, details and specifications.
- Experience working with Contractors on large scale Design-Build construction projects.
- Must have flexibility to include occasional travel for assignments mostly within the New England and the New York and New Jersey regions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with geotechnical design software programs.
- MS degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotechnical is preferred but not required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.