|Job Location||United States|
|Company Industry||Infrastructure Consulting|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Residence Location||United States|
Senior Engineer - Highway Design
All times are in Eastern European Time.
# of Openings
More information about this job
Lochrane Engineering Inc., an NV5 Company, is currently seeking a Senior Highway Design Engineer in its Orlando, Florida office to support our professional transportation service to the FDOT. The position generally aligns to the ASCE guidelines for engineering Grades V through VII.
- Individual will be responsible for the management and preparation of minor and major highway and drainage designs.
- Perform and oversee highway and drainage design calculations and direct the preparation of design drawings as per the FDOT PPM and Specifications.
- Oversee multiple engineering personnel in preparing design drawings on multiple projects.
- Organize scheduling of specific tasks and assignments per the design initiative.
- Serve as Project Manager with preparation of weekly and monthly program updates and reporting.
- Assists other Project Managers with management of design review process and permitting through outside agencies.
- Coordinates with consultant engineers, utility coordinators and surveyors.
- Responsible for master schedule for the project assigned.
- Conduct effective communications with Team and Client.
- Conduct field visits to project locations and inventory critical design issues.
- Coordinate with select subconsultants assembled for the project.
- Assists Principal in Division management administration responsibilities.
- Assists and takes lead position with Principal in charge in LOR and presentation development for new work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
- Minimum of 10+ years of recent experience working on FDOT projects required in FDOT Workgroups 3.0 and 7.1 and FDOT PPM, Bulletins and WMD permitting requirements.
- Florida PE required.
- Software capability: MicroStation, Geopak, AdICPR, MS Suite-PS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Civil3D plans preparation preferred.