|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||CAD Designer|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs employ the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs, within the Nuclear and Defence division, we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we offer capable and committed individuals the opportunity to shape their careers how they wish.
The CAD support is responsible for the local CAD engineering tools (mainly AVEVA PDMS, Diagrams and Engineering).
Main activities: The CAD Support is the operational lead responsible for all or part of the following activities. CAD activities:
- Manages user profiles and permissions
- Provides an overview of the functionalities and configures the applications
- May oversee the correct operation of local infrastructures (servers, network) and performance indicators
- Support to the engineering teams working with CAD applications:
- May be required to delivery training
- Provides first-level support for users, i.e. for the engineering teams, in relation to the correct use of engineering applications
- Performs a first level of assistance in case of problems and, if necessary, alerts support teams in France or the IT operator
- The CAD support person is in constant contact with the Sofinel engineering teams, the CAD teams in France and the local IT technical support.
- General: Responsible for escalating issues; Provide functional reporting to the site IT/CAD Lead
Key relationships: He/She is part of a small team and has regular contacts with the corresponding teams in France (SOFINEL and EDF SA). The CAD support reports to the IT/CAD support Lead.
- Engineer with CAD experience in particular AVEVA software (AVEVA PDMS, Diagrams and Engineering).
- Knowledge of a CAD system for Engineering activities.
- Prior PDMS experience
- Language(s): English
- Fluent in French
- Personal capacity: The ability to anticipate and prioritise work and the ability to manage a multiplicity of interfaces. Very good interpersonal skills as this position involves interfaces with the Engineering teams and also within the IT teams in the UK and in France. Flexible, well organised with good communication skills. A good level of autonomy and reporting is necessary.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.