|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Project Administrative Assistant to focus on a variety of administrative/clerical support tasks in specific project, business, or technical unit. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist on a number of different projects and may be located in the office or on a construction site.
This position will report to a Resident Engineer / Project Lead with typical duties as follows:
- Assist in managing Request for Information (RFI) process
- Assist in managing all logs associated with projects
- Input daily project information into the computer system. Must be familiar with Microsoft Word
- Draft contractor correspondence and weekly/monthly project status reports
- Process daily inspection reports
- Coordinate Change Order information processing
- Assist in processing monthly contractor pay estimates and measured quantities
- Performs a variety of administrative/clerical tasks in functional areas such as finance, purchasing, or for a specific business or technical unit.
- Gathers, compiles, tracks and reports on information relevant to project assignment from multiple sources
- Sets up and maintains files, refers callers, arranges meetings and conferences, receives, refers and answers mail
- Reviews drafts and finished documents for grammar usage
- Uses personal computer to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations
- Compiles, reviews, and analyzes data
- May design processes to enhance work flow
- High school education or equivalent is required
- Bachelors degree or related experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years general office support is required
- Previous experience employment within an engineering, architectural, or construction company with similar job responsibilities is preferred
- At least 5 years of professional work experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.