|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
In this role, the Structural (Bridge) EIT/PE will assist the team by performing the routine aspects of structural engineering assignments; subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company. The Structural (Bridge) EIT/PE will design various bridge types, as well as miscellaneous transportation structures, and develop related plans and specifications, all under the supervision of a Senior Engineer.
- Planning and design of structural projects including bridges, retaining walls, foundations, as well as other structures. General understanding of geotechnical engineering evaluations is a plus.
- Acts as part of a team of professionals on multiple projects. Ability to identify and solve design and construction challenges is required.
- Interacts with team members and assists in the coordination of work among engineers and detailers.
- Develop preliminary and detailed construction cost estimates.
- Provide cost related input during the selection of bridge and other structural systems.
- Assists with feasibility studies and analysis of complex structures.
- Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
- Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Works collaboratively with the CAD technician team
- Performs other duties as required.
- May attend design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses
- Bachelors of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering is required
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required
- Registered as a Professional Engineer
- Experience on design-build projects is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to organize and manage several tasks/projects ongoing at the same time.
- Help with the development and mentoring of younger staff
- Enjoys working as a team player
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.