|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Project Management|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Program Manager or Regional Manager, this positon has Management level employees on the project as direct reports, including: Design Review, MEP, Structural, and Controls. The overview of the General Contractor is direct and requires a level of technical expertise related to the specific scope of the project. This positon is also client facing and would act as an onsite Owners Representative with an emphasis on ensuring Design, Schedule, Cost, Scope, Quality, and Safety.
- Responsible for delivering large and/or multiple projects, on time, within budget and to agreed specifications and providing effective, skilled project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects and adding value to the business by applying proven project management techniques
- Leads team in the development of master project plans to accomplish project commitments and timing
- Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria
- Functions as a team lead for projects including acting as the liaison to internal departments as needed
- Manages large and often multiple projects and participates in corporate initiatives to assist in meeting the company's goals
- Ensures that project deliverables satisfy project requirements
- Assesses project requirements, while developing and recommending a sound approach or application to meet the needs of the project and client.
- Facilitates the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders, and conducts status review meetings among project team members and clients
- Manages and enhances project quality by providing ideas and suggestions to the team aimed at improving the effectiveness of their role, and of the project activities in general
- Determines, monitors and reviews costs, operational budgets, schedules and staffing requirements for project teams
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions
- Mentors and trains clients, vendors and team members in project management methods, procedures and activities
- Bachelor in Engineering or Architecture is required
- Professional Registration (P.E.) or Registered Architect (RA) is required
- Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building is required
- 7 years of experience as a Project Manager in an Engineering, Environmental, or Construction organization is preferred
- 12 years of experience in a project related technical field is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.