|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
|Residence Location||United States|
Geotechnical Department Manager
Our Cleveland Ohio office is currently seeking a Geotechnical Department Manager. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a heart for developing a team and has a mindset for growth. So if you enjoy working with people and driving success, let's talk!
Your time will be split between people management, client development, and directly working on projects. In this office, we have a variety of clients, which include warehouses, retail, transportation and various clients within the energy sector.
Supervise or monitor all projects in progress in the department to ensure that work is executed on time and in accordance with the client’s requirements and within company policies, procedures and standards. Supervise the preparation of proposals and cost estimates to clients to ensure proper scoping of services, availability of manpower and pricing to achieve desired profitability. Supervise the daily operations of a department including staff training, development, and performance review, utilization of equipment and facilities, safety oversight, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and adherence to policies and procedure. Plan for and participate in business development activities to identify, develop, win, and execute project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of proposals and cost estimates.
- Perform business and client development activities.
- Manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, selection and on-boarding.
- Prepare and execute annual business plan for the department.
- Oversee and manage the success of the key department metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, 5 years’ experience
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- PE strongly preferred
- Previous management experience.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Regular, Full Time
City, State (Office Location)