|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Thomas & Hutton|
|Company Industry||Infrastructure Surveying Transportation Water Management Consulting Design|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Years of Experience||20|
|Residence Location||United States|
Recently voted one of the Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For by Zweig White, Thomas & Hutton is a privately held professional services company founded in 1946. To provide quality service and project support to our public and private clients, our services include Civil, Environmental, Structural and Marine Engineering; Land Surveying; Land Planning; Landscape Architecture; Geographic Information Systems and Construction Administration.
Thomas & Hutton is seeking a Structural Engineer - Project Manager in our Savannah, Ga office. The position requires a strong understanding of structural design with previous experience design and analysis of steel, concrete, masonry and wood structures consisting of bridges, buildings, and site structural design for commercial and industrial clients. Familiarity with marine structural design and knowledge of permitting in the Southeast, coastal environment preferred. This role requires regular interaction with our clients. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and P.E. required.
- Client management.
- Proposal preparations create the scope of work for projects and fee development.
- Visit clients, job sites and consultant offices as needed to support the project and business development needs.
- Managing structural engineering work and interface with other disciplines as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate efforts and ideas.
- Typically handles multiple projects for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Lead and mentor project managers & engineers and technicians.
- Tracks projects in Vision/ Microsoft project with intermediate/advanced skill.
- Actively participates in civic and professional organizations.
- Plays an instrumental role in identifying and developing new business opportunities for the company.
- Actively seek new business and develop additional business from existing clients.
- Proactively presents and communicates the capabilities and strengths of the company to others.
- Communicate/present potential new business opportunities or resource information, competitive situations or technology/regulatory issues to the company.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet and exceed client expectations by ensuring accurate, complete, and timely communication of information to and from clients and staff.
- Communicate regularly with the client to ascertain the project goals and objectives and to identify the services and products that provide the greatest value to the client.
- Ensure timely document delivery by monitoring/adjusting schedules; communicating with client and project team members; assigning and managing the needed resources; and completing assigned tasks on or ahead of schedule.
- Identifies and implements ideas that save the client time and money or that effectively solves potential problems or enhances the overall quality of the project
- Serves as a representative of the firm at meetings, presentations and public hearings/meetings relative to assigned projects.
- Perform engineering calculations and preparation of reports, feasibility studies, permit applications, inspections, construction plans, and specifications.
- Interface with other disciplines and consultants as needed.
- Coordinate and review work plans prepared using CADD
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering. Professional Engineering License required.
Experience: 20+ year’s experience in design of structures, management of employees and projects.
- Ability to manage and mentor PEs and EITs
- Ability to manage projects, including workload, resources, deadlines, and budgets.
- Ability to interact with clients and perform business development.
- Experience with finite element modeling (such as RISA and RAM), design programs and hand calculations.
- Experience designing a variety of structures, including marine and coastal structures, buildings and municipal support structures, using a variety of materials.
- Ability to perform construction services and work with contractors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a regular work schedule of 730AM-530PM Monday-Thursday and 730AM -1130AM Friday. Occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
Please note, sponsorship is not available for this position. Thomas & Hutton is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant
Thomas & Hutton’s Mission Statement, “Relationships and Solutions for Success” describes not only our unwavering commitment to clients but also our commitment to the success, both professionally and personally, of our employees. Thomas & Hutton was named to the 2016 Best Places to Work in South Carolina and Georgia by SCBIZ and Georgia Trend and named One of the best Civil Engineering firms to work for in 2017 by CE News/Zweig White. What makes Thomas & Hutton a great place to work? Opportunities for professional development, strong benefits and compensation packages, a commitment to make our communities better for future generations, a family-oriented culture, and our reputation as a firm with extremely knowledgeable professionals who serve as trusted advisors to our clients.
Some of our many benefits include:
Health, Wellness, and Work/Life Benefits
- Superior Health, Dental, and Rx Insurance Programs
- Vision coverage
- Company paid short term and long term disability Insurance
- On-Site health clinics operated by a Health Practitioner
- Condensed work schedule
Financial & Retirement Benefits
- Generous base compensation and bonus plan
- 401(K) plan - employee matching of $.50 for each dollar contributed up to 6%
- 401(K) Roth and profit sharing component
Paid time off, Holidays and other leave
- Generous annual leave policy for personal, vacation, sick and bereavement purposes. Eligibility begins upon hire
- 8 company paid holidays annually
Professional Development Benefits
- Thomas & Hutton University - On-site provider of professional development hours and continuing education credits
- College tuition reimbursement programs (Graduate & Undergraduate)
- In-house Up and Ready Civil 3D Software Training Program
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.