|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Thomas & Hutton|
|Company Industry||Infrastructure Surveying Transportation Water Management Consulting Design|
|Job Role||Civil - Environmental|
|Years of Experience||7|
|Residence Location||United States|
Thomas & Hutton is a growing, well-established civil engineering firm providing consulting services throughout the southeast. We are an award-winning company that has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Georgia and South Carolina. Some of our many services include Civil, Environmental, Structural and Marine Engineering; Land Surveying; Land Planning; Landscape Architecture; Geographic Information Systems and Construction Administration.
Thomas & Hutton has an opening for a Water/Wastewater project manager in our Columbia, SC office. The position requires strong understanding of water and wastewater infrastructure and process design preferably with municipal systems. Position requires experience with management of both public and private projects, with a focus on local municipal and quasi-governmental (e.g. water/sewer authorities) clients. Candidate must have a strong knowledge of Civil 3D, WaterCAD, SewerCAD, and Microsoft Office software. Experience with InfoWorks WS and/or InfoWater modeling software by Innovyze is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering and P.E. required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Masters in Civil or Environmental Engineering or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience. Registered Professional Engineer preferred.
Experience: 7+ Years experience working with the design of municipal water/wastewater projects.
- Has the ability to analyze, coordinate and manage several large or complex projects at one time.
- The ability to manage and develop project staff, while supporting and evaluating each individual towards achieving their maximum potential.
- Ability to complete projects successfully, on-time, on-budget, given administrative high-level supervision in terms of broad objectives and limits.
- Advanced knowledge of project tracking software (Vision/Microsoft Project)
- Intermediate knowledge of Word/Excel.
- Strong Organizational/ Time Management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Other Key Professional Activities and Attributes:
- Actively participates in professional organizations
- Actively participates in civic organizations
- Project experience in the southeastern United States, preferably Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina
Please note, sponsorship is not available for this position. Thomas & Hutton is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant
Thomas & Hutton’s Mission Statement, “Relationships and Solutions for Success” describes not only our unwavering commitment to clients, but also our commitment to the success, both professionally and personally, of our employees. Thomas & Hutton was named to the 2016 Best Places to Work in South Carolina and Georgia by SCBIZ and Georgia Trend, and named One of the best Civil Engineering firms to work for in 2015 by CE News/Zweig White. What makes Thomas & Hutton a great place to work? Opportunities for professional development, strong benefits and compensation packages, a commitment to make our communities better for future generations, a family-oriented culture, and our reputation as a firm with extremely knowledgeable professionals who serve as trusted advisors to our clients. Visit www.thomasandhutton.com to learn more.
Some of our many benefits include:
Health, Wellness, and Work/Life Benefits
- Superior Health, Dental, and Rx Insurance Programs
- Vision coverage
- Company paid short term and long term disability Insurance
- On-Site health clinics operated by a Health Practitioner
- Condensed work schedule
Financial & Retirement Benefits
- Generous base compensation and bonus plan
- 401(K) plan - employee matching of $.50 for each dollar contributed up to 6%
- 401(K) Roth and profit sharing component
Paid time off, Holidays and other leave
- Generous annual leave policy for personal, vacation, sick and bereavement purposes. Eligibility begins upon hire
- 8 company paid holidays annually
Professional Development Benefits
- Thomas & Hutton University - On-site provider of professional development hours and continuing education credits
- College tuition reimbursement programs (Graduate & Undergraduate)
- In-house Up and Ready Civil 3D Software Training Program
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.