|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Thomas & Hutton|
|Company Industry||Infrastructure Surveying Transportation Water Management Consulting Design|
|Job Role||Civil - Hydraulic|
|Years of Experience||6|
|Residence Location||United States|
Recently voted one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina, Thomas & Hutton is a privately held professional services company founded in 1946. To provide quality service and project support to our public and private clients, our technical competencies include Civil, Environmental, Structural and Marine Engineering; Land Surveying; Land Planning; Landscape Architecture; Geographic Information Systems and Construction Administration.
Thomas & Hutton has an opening for a civil site development project manager in our Myrtle Beach, SC office. The position requires strong understanding of civil site design with previous experience working with water, sewer, and storm drainage infrastructure design projects. This role requires regular interaction with our clients, excellent verbal and written communications skills are required. Working knowledge of Civil 3D software preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and P.E. required.
- Managing one or multiple projects for multiple clients.
- Proposal preparations and fee development.
- Visit clients, job sites and consultant offices as needed to support project and business development needs.
- Monitor scope, schedules and budget for projects and business unit.
- Managing engineering work and interface with other disciplines as needed.
- Create scope of work for projects.
- Communicate and coordinate efforts and ideas.
- May supervise engineers and technicians.
- Tracks projects in Vision/ Microsoft project with intermediate/advanced skill.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. Registered Professional Engineer required.
- 6+ year’s experience in design of public and private projects.
- Experience with civil engineering project management, including development/management of scopes, schedules and budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working experience with Autocad, preferably Civil 3D.
- Business development skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Understanding of Business Financial Information.
Please note, sponsorship is not available for this position. Thomas & Hutton is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant
Thomas & Hutton’s Mission Statement, “Relationships and Solutions for Success” describes not only our unwavering commitment to clients, but also our commitment to the success, both professionally and personally, of our employees. Thomas & Hutton was named to the 2016 Best Places to Work in South Carolina and Georgia by SCBIZ and Georgia Trend, and named One of the best Civil Engineering firms to work for in 2015 by CE News/Zweig White. What makes Thomas & Hutton a great place to work? Opportunities for professional development, strong benefits and compensation packages, a commitment to make our communities better for future generations, a family-oriented culture, and our reputation as a firm with extremely knowledgeable professionals who serve as trusted advisors to our clients. Visit www.thomasandhutton.com to learn more.
Some of our many benefits include:
Health, Wellness, and Work/Life Benefits
- Superior Health, Dental, and Rx Insurance Programs
- Vision coverage
- Company paid short term and long term disability Insurance
- On-Site health clinics operated by a Health Practitioner
- Condensed work schedule
Financial & Retirement Benefits
- Generous base compensation and bonus plan
- 401(K) plan - employee matching of $.50 for each dollar contributed up to 6%
- 401(K) Roth and profit sharing component
Paid time off, Holidays and other leave
- Generous annual leave policy for personal, vacation, sick and bereavement purposes. Eligibility begins upon hire
- 8 company paid holidays annually
Professional Development Benefits
- Thomas & Hutton University - On-site provider of professional development hours and continuing education credits
- College tuition reimbursement programs (Graduate & Undergraduate)
- In-house Up and Ready Civil 3D Software Training Program
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.