|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Thomas & Hutton|
|Company Industry||Infrastructure Surveying Transportation Water Management Consulting Design|
|Job Role||Civil - Hydraulic|
|Years of Experience||3|
|Residence Location||United States|
Thomas & Hutton is a growing, well-established civil engineering firm providing consulting services throughout the southeast. We are an award-winning company that has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Georgia and South Carolina. Some of our many services include Civil, Environmental, Structural and Marine Engineering; Land Surveying; Land Planning; Landscape Architecture; Geographic Information Systems and Construction Administration.
Thomas & Hutton has an opening for a motivated and driven civil designer to join our Savannah, GA Office.
Candidate will be expected to successfully prepare site development construction drawings, engineering design considerations for water, sewer, and storm drainage infrastructure, and permit applications associated with residential, commercial, and or industrial projects. In this role, client interaction occurs regularly and excellent communication skills are required. Experience using AutoCAD and Civil 3D software is required.
Experience: 3+ years experience designing land development projects using Civil 3D software applications.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. EIT Certification required. P.E. registration in NC and SC preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software applications.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work a regular schedule of 730AM - 530PM Mon-Thurs and 730AM - 1130AM Fri
- Proven ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritize workflow and complete tasks
- Highly client service oriented, self-starter, and team player
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent time management skills
Please note, sponsorship is not available for this position. Thomas & Hutton is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant
Thomas & Hutton’s Mission Statement, “Relationships and Solutions for Success” describes not only our unwavering commitment to clients, but also our commitment to the success, both professionally and personally, of our employees. Thomas & Hutton was named to the 2016 Best Places to Work in South Carolina and Georgia by SCBIZ and Georgia Trend, and named One of the best Civil Engineering firms to work for in 2015 by CE News/Zweig White. What makes Thomas & Hutton a great place to work? Opportunities for professional development, strong benefits and compensation packages, a commitment to make our communities better for future generations, a family-oriented culture, and our reputation as a firm with extremely knowledgeable professionals who serve as trusted advisors to our clients. Visit www.thomasandhutton.com to learn more.
Some of our many benefits include:
Health, Wellness, and Work/Life Benefits
- Superior Health, Dental, and Rx Insurance Programs
- Vision coverage
- Company paid short term and long term disability Insurance
- On-Site health clinics operated by a Health Practitioner
- Condensed work schedule
Financial & Retirement Benefits
- Generous base compensation and bonus plan
- 401(K) plan - employee matching of $.50 for each dollar contributed up to 6%
- 401(K) Roth and profit sharing component
Paid time off, Holidays and other leave
- Generous annual leave policy for personal, vacation, sick and bereavement purposes. Eligibility begins upon hire
- 8 company paid holidays annually
Professional Development Benefits
- Thomas & Hutton University - On-site provider of professional development hours and continuing education credits
- College tuition reimbursement programs (Graduate & Undergraduate)
- In-house Up and Ready Civil 3D Software Training Program
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.