|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Project Management|
|Years of Experience||14|
|Residence Location||United States|
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 54,000 people and operates in more than 25 countries around the world.
Jacobs is seeking a Senior Civil Engineering Implementation Lead to support the Air Force Wideband Enterprise Terminal (AFWET) Program Office. The individual will Individual provides Civil Engineering expertise in support of AFWET program implementation of the Modernization of Enterprise Terminal (MET) upgrade and related efforts. The individual will be responsible for the planning and management of Joint Army/Air Force projects ranging from power modifications and installation of radomes to preparing sites for a new terminal.
Must be subject matter expert in: power (including uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), generators, and switchgear), heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), foundations/concrete pads, equipment shelters, grounding, facility monitoring systems, drainage and lightning protection. Sites are situated globally and the individual will often be required to travel to these locations to personally facilitate site surveys, observe status, correct discrepancies, and report back to government program management for strategic decisions. Position requires extensive interface with external Government Agencies, deployed Combatant Commands, government Engineering & Installation teams, government contractors and local site personnel.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate MET implementation plans for technical feasibility.
- Participate in site surveys to determine mission requirements, optimum location, evaluate sites selected as to mission suitability and preparation requirements.
- Prepare and review site survey reports and site requirement documents to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
- Draft and evaluate site-preparation statements-of-work.
- Prepare and review requests for proposals for construction (including electrical, HVAC, architectural, and civil) for compliance to Facility Design Criteria.
- Review contractor proposals and participate in source selections.
- Provide construction design criteria to design agencies.
- Review construction and communications system design packages from design agencies and vendors.
- Attend design review meetings. Inspect construction for compliance with design, mission suitability and applicable laws, building codes and regulations.
- Witness facility construction acceptance tests.
- Prepare Base Civil Engineer Work Request (AF332) and Request for Environmental Assessment (AF813) for projects as needed.
BS degree in Civil Engineering and 14 years of experience; MS and 12 years of experience; or PhD and 9 years of experience required.
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Familiarity with construction drawings and specifications.
- Familiarity with electrical construction practices.
- Familiarity with UPS and engine-generators.
- Familiarity with environmental regulations pertaining to construction and acquisition.
- Familiarity with Government standards for construction.
- Providing cost estimates based on requirements.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Microsoft Project.
- Working knowledge of related disciplines in Systems Program Office environment.
- Must have a positive attitude, ability to work well with others and flexibility to changing workloads.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, and Microsoft Project required.
- Must be capable of multitasking 5+ projects at once.
- Ability to learn new technical concepts and government processes quickly is critical.
- 14 years applicable experience desired in Civil Engineering.
- Direct experience on DoD or Air Force acquisition programs highly desired.
- Experience with DoD Contractor tasking, progress reviews, and management desired.
- Exposure to government contracting, financial management, logistics, and especially satellite communications is a definite plus.
This position requires US citizenship and a Secret clearance. CONUS and OCONUS travel required. Travel projected at up to 25% of total time, but rarely on weekends. Most trips begin and end within the standard work week.
- Working at a computer or desk (considerations: sitting, eye strain, hand strain)
- May involve long periods of sitting
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Physical Requirements
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods. May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of manufacturing and military sites or facilities where necessary.
Equipment and Machines
- Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation.
- Working at a computer or desk
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, supervisors and co-workers
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
- Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
- Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain an interim and a permanent U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance required
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our Core Values: Profitable Growth is an Imperative, People are the heart of our business, Clients are our valued partners, and Performance excellence is our commitment. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.