|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Information Technology - Software Engineer/Developer|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||United States|
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 54,000 people and operates in more than 25 countries around the world.
Jacobs SLG group is a premier provider of process-based systems and software engineering products and services. We focus on innovative solutions for our customers at the Department of Defense (DoD) and other organizations.
We are looking for a Test Engineer (Senior) to support the Patriot Excalibur (PEX) program on our DevOps team in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
Patriot Excalibur (PEX) is USAF software used to automate processes such as scheduling, training, and standardization/evaluation in squadron sized units using an Agile software engineering approach. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the team to provide guidance on real world utilization of PEX and conduct test activities.
Work scope may include any/all of the following duties:
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide provide timely and meaningful feeback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases and test plans
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities relating to a development team
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Apply testing processes for new and and existing features
- Liase between teams (e.g. developers and product owners) to identify testable feature requirements
- Investigate causes of non-conforming software and document issues as bugs
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Participate in Release Planning and Iteration Planning
- Work in two week iterations
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience. Four (4) years of progressive, relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
- Must have 5+ years experience
- Must have 2+ years experience with PEX
- Must have experience with DoD processes
- Experience with test management tools similar to Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Experience reviewing requirements and verifying testability
- Experience mentoring less experienced employees
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and process
- Hands-on experience with grey box and black box testing
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development process
Guidelines (level of supervision required to perform):
- The supervisor sets the overall objectives and resources available.
- The employee and supervisor, in consultation, develop the deadlines, projects, and work to be done.
- At this level the employee is responsible for planning and carrying out the assignment; resolving most of the conflicts which arise; coordinating the work with others as necessary, and interpreting policy on own initiative.
- In some assignments, the employee also determines the approach to be taken and the methodology to be used.
- The employee keeps the supervisor informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, far-reaching implications, or intractable problems.
- Guidelines are available, but are often inadequate, general, or contain critical gaps
Complexity of tasks/responsibilities:
- Work consists of a variety of duties that involve many different processes and methods pertinent to this field.
- The employee decides what needs to be done by evaluating unusual circumstances, considering different approaches, and dealing with incomplete and conflicting data.
- The employee uses judgment and originality by interpreting data, planning the work, and refining the methods and techniques being used.
- Uses a wide variety of reference materials and manuals; however, they are not always directly applicable to issues and problems or have gaps in specificity.
- Uses judgment in researching, choosing, interpreting, modifying, and applying available guidelines for adaptation to specific problems or issues.
Physical requirements – Light. Exposed to computer monitors, constant wrist movement. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Work Environment – Involves cubical work in a restricted area.
Attendance - Must be able to work within the shift hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
Equipment and Machines - Standard office equipment and machines: personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
Other Essential Functions:
Must pass drug testing.
Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers’ safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
Travel requirements – May be required to travel, but will be infrequent
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our four Core Values: PEOPLE are the heart of our business, CLIENTS are our valued partners, PERFORMANCE excellence is our commitment and profitable GROWTH is an imperative. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.