|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Read more about our graduates by clicking below: -
We are wishing to recruit engineering graduates to join our team based in our Manchester office. You will become a member of a large and expanding bridges design team, taking a technical supporting role in delivering bridge design services throughout all stages of major project development. You may be a recent graduate, or already have a year's experience, but the role will provide you with every opportunity to complete your training towards membership of a professional institution. As well as our ICE accredited training programme which will help you to achieve professional status, you will be supported by a trained mentor to complete our graduate portfolio.
Primary Job Responsibilities
As a Graduate Bridge Engineer you will be working on a variety of project types, sizes and complexities. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of bridge and bridge related structural scheme designs at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design stages
- Undertaking design or assessment calculations
- Supervising the production of design drawings or other project related design deliverables
- You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur and for the monitoring of progress of your areas of responsibility
- Organising and carrying out General, Principal & Special Bridge Inspections
- Assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to bridge projects
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to produce well-presented and accurate drawings and reports
- Committed to work and capable of managing own tasks, costs and meeting deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Good IT skills
- Experience of structural analysis design software
- Proficient with use of AutoCAD
- Health and Safety training in the Bridges Sector
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow…
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.