|Job Location||Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role||Construction - Engineer|
|Years of Experience||6|
|Residence Location||Saudi Arabia|
Jacobs® is one of the world’s largest & most diverse providers of technical, professional & construction services with over 70,000 resources in 250+ offices worldwide. We help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health & Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, You’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice therefore we have a need for a designer/drafter to assist on several of our structural engineering projects. Prepares engineering drawings of plans, elevations, cross sections and details of bridge structures from rough sketches and/or from general engineering design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Performs design/drafting assignments, requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices and techniques.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with other CAD Technicians and Engineers with minimal supervision.
- Actively promotes and contributes to the successful completion of projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation.
- Assumes responsibility and meets or exceeds deliverable deadlines for own portion of the project scope, schedule and budget.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Performs other duties as required.
Jacobs, Zamel & Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800 resources in Saudi Arabia covering Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure projects. We have a large presence across the Middle East covering Bahrain, Qatar, UAE and Oman. Our regional workforce counts an excess of 2,500 resources.
- An Associates degree in Design or Drafter is preferred
- At least 6 years of previous bridge design experience
- Previous experience in the use of AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, or Geopak preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.) is required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Exhibits planning and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure on multiple project deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to see a project through to completion
- Excellent attention to detailing of complex bridge components
- Local Talent - is a prerequisite