|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion, Jacobs has grown into a global player with 54,000 people in more than 25 countries.
Jacobs are one of the leading consulting firms in the Highways sector where we deliver a diverse range of projects for Local Authority frameworks, private highways markets and major projects for Highways England. We have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
We also provide professional services through our strategic alliance with Ringway Jacobs delivering to local authorities throughout England under long term contracts. This includes a range of schemes from minor municipal projects to major projects exceeding £100m.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and making a difference to our clients (90% of our business is repeat business driven by our performance on existing schemes).
Expand your highly sought after technical expertise on complex projects that are strategically vital to Britain’s infrastructure ambitions. Deliver strategic capability and well thought out solutions that genuinely help shape our clients’ business or mission. Thrive in an ethical, safe and healthy environment.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, the Senior Highways Engineer will be responsible for the following:
· Leading a team of Highways Engineers and Technicians.
· Undertaking Health & Safety duties and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
· Identifying added value and sustainable engineering initiatives relating to Highways.
· Working with and supporting multi-disciplinary teams in different offices in the UK and abroad.
· Ensuring tasks are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality.
· Leading the technical delivery of deliverables and input into multi-disciplinary projects.
· Providing technical direction to design engineers, graduates and technicians.
· Resolving technical issues as they arise and staying up-to-date with industry developments and changes in standards.
· Liaising with clients, contractors and third parties.
· Assigning work to and checking the project team’s work.
· Developing more junior staff by technical training and mentoring them.
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering.
· Working towards or achieved Incorporated, Chartered Member of the ICE, IHT (or equivalent status);
· Strong technical design background in highways engineering.
· Possess a good understanding of Local Authority and / or Highways England Project Governance and Development processes and policies.
· Good understanding of Health and Safety responsibilities.
· Knowledge of Statutory Utilities diversions / NRSWA procedures.
· Knowledge and experience of administering NEC contracts.
· Experience in the preparation of Contract Drawing and Specification’s.
· Ability to produce well-presented and technically accurate reports.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
· Good understanding and practical application of relevant design standards, including DMRB and Manual for Streets.
· Good IT and presentation skills.
· Experience of motivating and driving a delivery team.
· Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
· Familiar with the outputs of MX and Civil 3D.
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD and AutoTrack.
· Experience and knowledge of BIM.
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.