|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Environmental|
|Residence Location||United States|
Water Resources Engineer
Marquette, MI, US
Worker Category :Regular Full Time
GEI Consultants, Inc. is a leading consulting engineering firm ranked #102 in the ENR top 500 (2017). We serve hundreds of Government, Energy, Industry and Institutional clients, and have completed 30,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries.
Founded in 1970, our privately held, employee-owned company consists of over 600 employees located in 31 offices across the U.S. GEI’s technical experts are involved in dozens of specialty services emanating from our traditional core practices which include geotechnical, environmental, infrastructure, water resources and ecology.
GEI continues to grow and expand, both in our technical services offerings and geographic coverage. GEI “seller-doers” are considered some of the leading subject matter experts (SMEs) in their respective fields. We have current openings for practice leaders in a host of disciplines across the United States.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Technical analysis related to water resources management and planning and forecasting, including evaluation of water supply and demands, and evaluation of streamflow, groundwater conditions, and water quality.
• Support project managers on any and all technical tasks including data collection entry, and analysis; literature research; spreadsheet development; and general engineering tasks.
• Assist senior staff in developing projects schedules, technical specifications and bidding documents and assist with project bidding, post bidding communications and during construction documentation including contractor communications.
• Provide field inspections as needed.
• Candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, be team-oriented and highly self-motivated, possess good problem-solving skills and be willing to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
• Candidate should be comfortable working in standard office settings with extensive use of written documents, computers and telephone; attend community and professional meetings both as a participant and a possible meeting leader. Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and flexibility in working hours a must. Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
• Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Office software. Basic understanding or experience with AutoCAD or GIS a plus!
• Minimum experience – 0-5 years
• B.S. in Civil Engineering or related sub-discipline. M.S. preferred.
• E.I.T. or P.E. License strongly preferred.
• Valid U.S. Driver's license required.