|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Environmental|
|Residence Location||United States|
Project Environmental/Civil Engineer, EIT-PE
Cary, NC, US
Worker Category :Regular Full Time
GEI Consultants, Inc. is a leading consulting engineering firm ranked #102 in the ENR top 500 (2017). We serve hundreds of Government, Energy, Industry, and Institutional clients, and have completed more than 30,000 projects throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries.
Founded in 1970, our privately held, employee-owned company consists of over 800 employees located in 37 offices across the U.S.A. GEI’s technical experts are involved in dozens of specialty services emanating from our traditional core practices which include geotechnical, environmental, infrastructure, water resources, ecology, and transportation. GEI continues to grow and expand, both in our technical services offerings and geographic coverage. GEI “seller-doers” are considered some of the leading subject matter experts in their respective fields.
We currently have an opportunity in our Cary, North Carolina office for a mid-level environmental/civil engineer. Candidates should be prepared for professional growth into areas such as development of conceptual designs, assessment of remedial alternatives, and management of engineering design and field tasks.
The successful candidate will possess experience with transport of contaminants in soil and groundwater. The candidate will support projects including: soil and groundwater investigation and sampling; remedial feasibility, investigation, design, implementation, and monitoring; pilot tests; data management, processing and evaluation; and report preparation.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage tasks and projects that support investigation, remediation, and reporting of environmental projects with a strong focus on subsurface investigations of soil, soil vapor, and groundwater. The role may also involve environmental compliance and permitting opportunities.
- Coordinate and implement environmental field work such as characterization methods, monitoring well installation, and groundwater monitoring.
- Design, evaluate, optimize, and manage construction of remediation processes and systems.
- Supervise field staff and contractors performing remediation system operations and maintenance.
- Prepare correspondence, data reports, cost estimates, and work plans for internal and client review.
- Perform and check engineering calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Provide mentorship to junior environmental staff.
- B.S. in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering; Masters preferred.
- EIT registration required, PE registration a plus, 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Field sampling experience and familiarity with remediation equipment, processes, and maintenance.
- Attention to detail, analytical judgment, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- MS Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with GIS, CAD, and 3D visualization software is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to travel on short-term and long-term assignments as needed.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license