|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Residence Location||United States|
Apply for job
Share this job
General Position Summary
The Project Scheduler will support the engineering operations team in planning and implementing major projects and will provide scheduling, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on projects. He/she will maintain close working relationships with the Project Team to ensure that they meet or exceed Project Controls standards. The position works under direct supervision, gathers and distributes information and reports directly to the Project Management Discipline Lead.
What you’ll do:
• Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Skanska Safety and Health Management Program;
• Plan, coordinate, supervise and direct all planning and scheduling activities;
• Implement and maintain schedule Controls for Design, Procurement, Construction and Testing and commissioning activities. Manage internal controls including implementing process controls, measuring projects performance, reporting on projects status, and ensuring the integrity and validity of internally and externally disseminated information;
• Identify and coordinate time and cost saving opportunities in the execution of the Project;
• Represent company and/or project in meetings with owner, CM representatives and other contractors as required;
• Provide quality, timeliness and efficiency of scheduling activities. Establish customer-oriented output goals and benchmarks;
• Ensure that corporate planning and schedule standards are implemented and that all project related activities comply;
• Provide assistance to the Project Manager to implement the project controls policies and procedures and monitor and evaluate project schedules;
• Assist in maintaining effective relationships with internal and external clients.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
We’re looking for:
• Working proficiency in Primavera Software;
• Resource and Cost loading knowledge;
• Understanding of Earned Value Management System;
• Strong written, communication, and problem solving skills;
• Computer proficient and the ability to adapt to new innovations and processes;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills;
• Broad understanding of industry;
• Ability to multi-task;
• Functions effectively as part of a team;
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of;
• 5+ years of related experience in heavy infrastructure projects required;
• This job is performed both in the office and in the field. Fieldwork requires experience and confidence working in and around heavy industrial equipment, systems and conditions is required. Activities and responsibilities require frequent sitting (often working on a computer), frequent driving, flying, walking, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching. Due to tool and computer usage, there may be repetitive motions of the hands and wrists.