|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Residence Location||United States|
Senior Superintendent - Heavy Civil
Apply for job
Share this job
The Senior Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the project(s) assigned and ensures the project/area is constructed in a safe, timely, profitable and ethical manner, in accordance with contract documents, design, budget, and schedule and in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. He/she directly supervises field craft labor and non-craft field personnel.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Skanska Safety and Health Management Program, including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation;
- Direct day-to-day on-site supervision/coordination of field labor force, including Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents and Field Engineers;
- Coordinate assigned work with different crafts, subcontractors and inspection staff;
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of contract documents, project requirements, and 3rd party agreements;
- Assist in development, implementation, and updates of Project Management Plans;
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with project standards and documents as per contract specifications and quality standards;
- Monitor and manage project costs, including labor, equipment, and materials to realize project success and profit;
- Coordinate and collaborate with clients, designers, consultants to facilitate the project completion and good will of the community;
- Assist in the development and updates of project schedule, develop short term schedules and adjust as necessary to achieve on time performance;
- Participate in the development of activity means and methods in coordination with Engineering and Project Management;
- Ensure compliance with project and Skanska’s DBE compliance program.
We're Looking For:
- Knowledge and understanding Labor Regulations;
- Understanding of financial operations and corporate cost control;
- Strong written, communication, and problem solving skills;
- Computer proficient and the ability to adapt to new innovations and processes;
- Good working knowledge of labor trades and the construction industry;
- Ability to manage and lead teams of diverse personnel;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Function effectively within a team unit;
- Capable of leading and managing craft and non-craft employees;
- Comprehension of construction documents including drawings, specifications, and contracts;
- Extensive knowledge of construction industry including equipment, labor, means and methods, codes and standards;
- Bachelor of Science in Construction or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of;
- 10 years in supervisory role in the heavy civil field.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.