|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Environmental - Environmental Engineering|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
JACOBS is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors. It is a leading service provider in planning and environmental consultancy and advice, supporting projects at all stages from initial conception through to construction and maintenance, across the UK and internationally.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Our Sustainable Strategies and Solutions business provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 1000 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East and in India.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for an experienced Environmental Engineer. We also welcome applications from passionate individuals with the drive and attributes to grow into this role. The successful individual will support a range of projects for clients in major public and private sector organisations and will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who are seeking reduced hours contracts and those returning from a career break. We offer flexible working patterns and will discuss these options and the support available with candidates at interview.
You will be technically leading projects for local authorities, water companies and major infrastructure clients and you will also work with other disciplines within the group to deliver projects for major framework clients.
- Technical leadership of flood risk appraisal projects, including oversight of hydrological, hydraulic and environmental inputs
- Design team leadership including co-ordinating outline and detailed design of flood risk management solutions
- Appraisal of flood risk costs and benefits
- Technical and business case reporting
- Technical development of less experienced engineers in the team
- Liaising with clients, hydraulic modellers, project managers and other design team members
- Task management
- Lead (or support) on tender development
- Civil Engineering degree and CEng MICE, IEng MICE, or similar, status
- Experience of Safety in Design and Designer’s responsibilities under CDM
- Experience in the development and leadership of outline and detailed design structural and non-structural solutions for flood risk management
- Experience in preparing business cases for flood risk management schemes
- Experience of urban, surface water flood risk or fluvial mitigation appraisal and design
- Proven ability to co-ordinate multi-disciplinary teams in the development of design solutions
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members
- Contract and specification preparation
- Experience of leading and winning tender opportunities
- Experience of developing client relationships to open new opportunities
- Construction related experience either as a supervisor or through visiting design office support role; Knowledge of hydraulic modelling packages used for mitigation option appraisal;
- Experience of land drainage strategies, concept and detailed design;
- Experience of sustainable drainage and/or natural flood management;
- Preparation of business cases or Project Appraisal Reports in accordance with Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management (FCERM) appraisal guidance
- Experience of tidal hydrology and coastal flood risk mitigation appraisal and design
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Closing date: 30th December 2107