|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and approximately 60,000 employees across the globe, we are continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK infrastructure consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, national and regional contractors and several significant Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally.
Recent successes and key prospects include:
Delivery position on Highways England £1.5bn Smart Motorways Programme (3 commissions to date)
Framework contracts with local authorities including Birmingham City Council, West Midlands Highway Alliance and Warwickshire County Council
Highways England Roads Investment Strategy (appointed for three regions)
A40 D&B tender design is imminent
Junction designs for A465 Sections 5 and 6
Pipeline of small-medium D&B projects
Designs for windfarm access roads and local road junction improvements
We also provide professional services through our strategic alliance with Ringway Jacobs delivering to local authorities throughout England under long term contracts. This includes a range of schemes from minor municipal projects to major projects exceeding £100m.
We are seeking to recruit experienced Principal Engineers to join our established but expanding highways team. You will become a key figure in our design team, taking a leading role in delivering innovative design services throughout all stages of infrastructure project development and in all areas of highways and associated infrastructure design, working independently and supporting the Senior Project Managers across the business. The successful candidate will be required to mentor junior staff in their technical development and so a strong technical background is essential. Further career progression exists for staff who show ambition, demonstrate delivery and develop their people.
Reporting to a Technical Director, you will lead a team of engineers and technicians working on a diverse range of projects.
You will be responsible for the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports, scheme orders and detailed highway design for minor and major projects.
You will be responsible for driving innovative and creative technical solutions and managing project delivery
You will also attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries.
The role may also encompass resource, financial and commercial management as well as construction supervision
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering
- CEng and MICE status or equivalent.
- Proven ability to project manage all aspects of project delivery to time cost and quality
- Experience in the financial management and control of projects.
- A keen approach to health and safety in all things
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined projects being delivered by teams at various geographical locations both within the UK and overseas.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of DMRB standards and their practical application.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice
- Able to produce well-presented and accurate reports.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to mentor junior staff in their technical development.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong evidence of Continued Professional Development within technical specialism.
- MX/3D CAD proficient, and/or drainage design capabilities (WINDES or equivalent).
- Recent experience of HE major projects including scheme orders and statutory processes.
- Experience of ECI or design and build projects.
- Experience and knowledge in the use of BIM for electronic storage and use of data
- Experience of construction supervision.
- Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all employees.