|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Construction - Engineer|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and over 63,000 employees across the globe, we're continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the UK civil engineering consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects.
We are wishing to recruit an enthusiastic Road Safety Engineer/Senior Engineer to the Cardiff office to join our experienced national Operational Road Safety team, where you will have every opportunity to make your mark and influence the continuing growth of Jacobs.
You will be involved in the delivery of a wide range of road safety-related projects and activities for various high profile clients across the UK. In order for you to fulfil this role you must therefore have an interest in Road Safety and the need for collision investigation and prevention, road safety audit, and design team support.
- Demonstrable experience in Collision Investigation and Prevention (CIP), road safety audit, and design team support
- Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis, reports and narrative setting out the findings of road safety investigations
- Degree qualified or equivalent, you will have experience as a Road Safety Engineer for road safety studies with the ability to contribute to the success of a range of high profile transport projects
- Membership, or working towards membership of a relevant institution
- Member of Society of Road Safety Auditors (MSoRSA) or eligible to achieve MSoRSA
- Approved Road Safety Audit Team Member in accordance with HD19/15 for strategic network projects (Highways England; Welsh Government; Transport Scotland)
- Strong working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), and current design best practice including Manual for Streets, Manual for Streets II
- Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems
- Experience of AutoCAD
- Approved Road Safety Audit Team Leader in accordance with HD19/15 for strategic network projects (Highways England; Welsh Government; Transport Scotland)
- Holder of Certificate of Competence in Road Safety Audit (via a Highways England approved route, currently TMS or SoRSA) or eligible to achieve this with no further experience or qualification
- Recent experience in working on the Highways Agency Smart Motorway programme and knowledge of PCF products
- Experience in other relevant disciplines including highway design
- Research experience
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme which offers up to 32 days holiday per annum and a range of additional benefits.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.