|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Information Technology - Software Engineer/Developer|
|Residence Location||United States|
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 54,000 people and operates in more than 25 countries around the world.
Under governmental direction, provide new software products and capabilities for the Patriot Excalibur software program. Using an Agile software engineering approach, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing and integration of software within the Patriot Excalibur software suite.
- Work as a part of an Agile team to implement product enhancements
- Create the design specifications for development from approved business cases
- Execute unit and system testing of the design once the solution has been developed, and work closely with other team members to successfully deploy the code to production
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and application through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
Typically has a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- UI or Middle Layer experience required.
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, and concurrent programming.
- Commitment to quality through unit testing, regression testing, and peer reviews.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate design and development concepts clearly.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a security clearance, if applicable.
- Must pass drug testing.
- Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
- Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers’ safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
- Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
- With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
- Must be able to work within the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Required hours are from 9am to 3pm.
Physical requirements – Light. Exposed to computer monitors, constant wrist movement.
Travel requirements – May be required to travel, but will be infrequent
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our Core Values: Profitable Growth is an Imperative, People are the heart of our business, Clients are our valued partners, and Performance excellence is our commitment. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.