|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients.
Jacobs is heavily involved in helping to transform the worlds transport system to deliver a less congested, high quality and reliable service for travellers and businesses. During the past 20 years the company’s transport planning team has developed an impressive array of skills and a considerable track record of achievement. Our extensive portfolio of projects involves working with various major clients in the transport industry, including local authorities, private sector and government clients.
We currently have an opportunity within our Transportation business at our Birmingham office for you to work with a team of transport planners, modellers and traffic Engineers on a variety of transportation planning, modelling, traffic engineering, parking, public transport and pedestrian planning projects.
You would support the preparation, development and analysis of transport models and the production of appraisals and data reports for a range of major and minor projects. You will be supporting development of transport plans, parking and public transport studies. Candidates should be highly numerate, and able to innovate and problem-solve. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Occasional travel within the UK and/or overseas may be required.
- Previous experience in transport modelling
- Experience in working with transport modelling software packages, in particular for one of these: SATURN, VISUM and VISSIM
- Numerate with excellent data analysis skills. Competency in data analysis packages, such as Excel/Access.
- Good technical report writing skills
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of other modelling packages, e.g. Cube
- Wider experience of transport planning
- Use of GIS software
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of computer programming (e.g. VBA, SQL)
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.