|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients.
Jacobs is heavily involved in helping to transform the world's transport system to deliver a less congested, high quality and reliable service for travellers and businesses. During the past 20 years the company's transport planning team has developed an impressive array of skills and a considerable track record of achievement. Our extensive portfolio of projects involves working with various major clients in the transport industry.
We currently have an opportunity within our Transportation business at our Birmingham office for you to work with a team of transport planners, modellers and traffic engineers on a variety of transportation planning, modelling public transport and pedestrian planning projects. You would be responsible for the preparation, development and analysis of transport models and the production of appraisals and data reports for a range of major and minor projects.
Candidates should be highly numerate, and able to innovate and problem-solve. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Occasional travel within the UK and/or overseas may be required.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Project Manager for a diverse range of Transport Planning projects across our portfolio.
• Assisting in management and development of the local client base through mining our existing contracts and also their own personal network.
• Team Leadership responsibilities within the local Transport Planning team in Birmingham reporting to our Divisional Director and helping to coordinate the day to day management of the team.
• Mentoring and people development.
• Technical lead on business cases and multi modal strategies in particular public transport and smarter choices focused commissions.
• Supporting with the development of mini bids for our client base.
- Experience and proven track record within the Local Government market in the Birmingham and wider Midlands area including Local Authorities, the Highways England and Centro.
- Demonstrate proven Project Management capability and ability to successfully high profile complex, high profile and diverse transport planning commissions for public and private sector clients in accordance with management systems and governance (e.g. ISO 9001 Quality Management System; risk management, financial/project controls)
- Experience of team leadership land developing a medium to large transport planning team.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, transport planning standards/guidance (e.g. WebTAG, 5-Stage Business Case Model).
- Demostrate knowledge/experience of the application of key transport planning software and techniques (e.g. VISUM, SATURN, S-PARAMICS, VISSIM, TRANSYT, ARCADY, PICARDY, LINSIG, TEMPRO).
- Demonstrate the right behaviours, embracing our Culture of Caring and Beyond Zero, and possess excellent communication (e.g. written, verbal and presentational skills) and relationship-building skills.
- PRINCE2 Accredited
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.