|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Civil - Construction|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs employ the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs, within the Nuclear and Defence division, we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we offer capable and committed individuals the opportunity to shape their careers how they wish.
The Nuclear New Build (NNB) team are the Programme Management Partner for the Client at Hinkley Point C.
This dynamic Team provide support to Buildings & Civils:
Project Management & delivery of Building and Civil Work on the main construction site:
1. Conventional Island
2. Balance of Plant
3. Nuclear Island
Specific work packages include:
2. Main Civil Works
3. Marine Works
4. Heat Sink
5. Project management & co-ordination of multi-disciplinary team to deliver scope
The Construction Delivery Manager takes responsibility for activities in the field relating to the construction of a designated section of the works and its on-site facilitation. It includes day to day on site supervision, direction and monitoring of activities on the site, and providing input into planning the site and the works in a way to most safely and efficiently deliver the project.To discharge the role requires a range of technical skills and competences, management and communication skills, construction awareness and knowledge of various EDF Standard Project Procedures and Safety Procedures.
Hinkley Point C is a nuclear site, based in West Somerset, 15 miles from Bridgwater. The NNB ambition is to build two major EPR nuclear plants, and the position will be part of HPC site construction team.
- The Construction Delivery Manager has responsibility for the delivery of a specific section within an area of the Works. This responsibility extends to all construction and related activities, reporting to the Area Construction Delivery Manager and includes programming and planning, monitoring and close out of authorities obligations and conditions, client liaison, and staff management.
- The Construction Delivery Manager will report to the Area Construction Delivery Manager for his section for operations management and delivery of the project. The Construction Delivery Manager will have a number of direct reports. The Construction Delivery Manager will input into site wide management issues and a high level of interaction and coordination with other operational members of the site wide team will be required.
- In addition to the reporting and liaising accountabilities, the Construction Delivery Manager will be required to adhere to and suggest enhancements and improvements to company policies, procedures and protocols for construction, procurement, health & safety and other functions.
- The Construction Delivery Manager will take responsibility for tactical logistics planning for individual works sections in support of the work completed on strategic logistics. Thereafter, they will be responsible for planning and implementation, in collaboration with the rest of the HPC Delivery Team.
- The Construction Delivery Manager will:
- Proactively communicate with other site teams (H&S, contract, project controls, logistics) and Construction Delivery Managers to maintain good communication links, and ensure activity is well and timely reported.
- Contribute information on specific area to weekly and monthly reports, as well as issuing and maintaining performance and KPI indicators.
- Support team instructions to take temporary measures to mitigate and keep works safe and within Quality standards. Follow up by taking appropriate and proportionate action (e.g. issue communications, call meetings) to avoid the halt of works.
- Ensure clear, two-way communication with Line Manager so that all activity is directed appropriately.
- Manage a team of Construction Superintendents, Field Engineers and Engineers to help everyone to cope with his tasks.
- Develops the team with a good prospective of site activities (6 months ahead).
- Monitors and assesses team individuals.
- Ensures the training of team individuals as required.
Knowledge & Skills
The Construction Delivery Manager reports to the Area Construction Delivery Manager. The Construction Delivery Manager will have broad knowledge of construction techniques with technical expertise across specific types of construction and forms of contract. Specifically, he will have good working knowledge of the NEC, ECC and FIDIC contracts.
This post is responsible for ensuring the works are developed to programme and quality and in accordance with the company’s requirements for health, safety and environment.
The Construction Delivery Manager will:
- Have the ability to build and manage a Surveillance team that continuously outperforms expectations and objectives.
- Manage the strategic planning of the site set up, construction sequencing, recovery plans, resource allocation.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and monitor robust programmes on for their section of the works and to implement remedial action if required.
- Ensure trade contractors and suppliers are resourced adequately to perform the works.
- Display a good working knowledge of commercial principles affecting construction matters.
- Be able to write informative, concise and meaningful reports.
- Motivate and energise staff by building a climate of trust and understanding and actively seeking alternative views and opinions.
- Reports to: Area Construction Delivery Manager
Note1: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake.
Note2: Role is based on client site a Bridgwater – Monday to Friday – 40hrs per week.
The Construction Delivery Lead will have broad knowledge of construction techniques with high technical expertise across many types of construction and forms of contract, specifically he will have good working knowledge of the NEC, ECC and FIDIC contracts. He will possess management skills and commercial awareness.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Construction management, or equivalent vocational training and experience.
- Extensive experience in the delivery of large, complex projects, including Power, Chemical and Industrial.
- Experience of successfully completing sections on similar sized complex projects (£1B - £3B).
- Experience of operating in a high security environment.
- Experience in the installation and erection of large Mechanical or Electrical Plant.
- Lead a team and collaborating with other senior managers to effectively manage operations of the site.
- Develop junior members of the team and imparting knowledge and skills.
- Understand and liaise with construction and project personnel to assist in logistical, sequence, and methodology planning.
- Adopt a results-focussed mind set, using initiative wherever possible and taking personal responsibility and accountability to ensure necessary action is taken to deliver excellence, value and quality.
- See the big picture and ensure his reports have a positive understanding of project goals, needs and strategies.
- Be alert and responsive to the need for change by encouraging new thinking and initiatives.
- Make autonomous decisions and operate with minimal supervision.
- Excellent English language skills – oral and written.
- BPSS security clearance (must be willing to go through clearance process if no clearance held).
- Nuclear experience, working within a regulated, licenced environment.
- Knowledge of French language would be advantageous.
- Good team player, self-motivated & able to work on own initiative.
INTEGRITY: Being positive in approach, Remaining calm and determined even under pressure or, changing circumstances, Be able to create a climate of trust.
RESPECT: Motivating and Energising; Communication & Influence; Equality, Diversity & Inclusion.
INNOVATION:Change & Innovation; Proactive Approach; Stakeholder Focus.
COLLABORATION: Knowledge and Information Sharing; Teamwork; Interpersonal Skills
EXCELLENCE: Goal Setting; Sustainability; Evaluating Options, Personal Development
TEAMWORK: Establishes a network across a broad sphere of influence, including all stakeholders and competitor organisations that achieves an integrated approach to continuous improvement.
TIME MANAGEMENT: Plans and organises effectively in order to deliver objectives.
PROACTIVE APPROACH: Builds a climate of high performance with ownership for standards and delivery, while acting on own initiative for the good of the organisation.
GOAL SETTING: Sets challenging goals and objectives to security contractors and provides support where necessary.
RESULTS ORIENTATION: Demonstrates drive and determination to achieve objectives and to deliver results for all security related contracts and procedures.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.