|Job Location||New Zealand|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Residence Location||New Zealand|
Jacobs is a global provider of technical, professional and scientific services including engineering, architecture, construction, operations and project maintenance. Our client portfolio spans industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a Graduate Rail Engineer to join our Rail, Aviation & Ports team based in Auckland.
Reporting to the Sector Leader, the Graduate Rail Engineer will assist with the planning, designing and implementation of multi-discipline rail / transit related linear infrastructure including stations, depots, sidings and level crossings.
You will be working collaboratively across various APAC geographies in providing technical support and assisting with the ongoing development of the Jacobs Rail Engineering brand.
We are looking for an innovative, enthusiastic individual who seeks learning opportunities in every situation, someone with excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively within a project team environment.
You will need the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering Technology tertiary qualification (Civil / Structural / Mechanical / Electrical or similar)
- Actively / desire to work towards the status of Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng), or recognised equivalent professional qualification
- We are looking for someone looking to move into the field of rail and transit systems design e.g. Civil (Drainage & Earthworks), Structural (Bridges & Structures), Overhead Line Electrification, Track Alignment / Engineering, and Signalling & Communications Design.
- Valid NZ Driver’s Licence
- We are currently only considering applications from New Zealand / Australian Permanent Residents or Citizens
At Jacobs we offer rewarding careers with ongoing development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive. We believe in collaboration and knowledge sharing, from global virtual teams to local work sharing options.
Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.